We have decided to add the main ingredient to our already best selling cake, “Matcha & Jasmine” to the new autumn/winter hot drinks menu. We have sourced the finest grade matcha powder and used it to make a matcha latte. You can opt to have this with a vegan milk alternative and we think it tastes best with almond milk.
Matcha comes in a vibrant green powder form and is the result of stone-grinding the entire green the leaf. This way you do not loose the health benefits through the brewing of the leaf.
Here’s what MatchaSource.com have taught us about matcha powder:
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- When you drink matcha you ingest the entire leaf and receive 100% of the nutrients of the leaf
- Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea.
- One cup of matcha = 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea in terms of nutritional content
What’s even better is that you are totally on trend for 2019. We are sure to see matcha and tumeric featured on plenty of cooking programmes used to add a dimension and vibrant colour on savoury plates. Insects are also a big trend coming our way in 2019, but I think I will stick to a splash of matcha on my salad dressing thank you very much!